Monday, May 23, 2005

thunderstorm

thunderstorm

call me close to hear
but i find myself in torment
when the sky cracks i wake
and fear and wonder all beside
i hear the quiet and the wind
it whistles, it blows, breazes
it calls me
and i come
close to listen, to know, to see
and then the flash
and then the crack
and i so close cannot be unmoved
my heart wants to fail, and run, and hide
the fear of god, and great power
so close i am and not unshaken

and then the rain
and rain is always endless
and distant thunder
and me left safe
though my heart would differ in its opinion
and the quiet
and the slowing of my breath, my heart
and the rain, endless rain
quiets me and speaks of rest and peace
and eternity

i remember the One
that i know and fear, but do not tremble
and in the distance i hear the thunder
terror to many but to me i have no fear
because i walk with him that gives it
i know that love
and fear not

-uzi

laughter; laughter from those whose heart had nearly failed
reassured in their supremacy, their fearlessness
attempt to reconstruct your mind
your life
your dominance
your pride
forget the fear, the terror, the uncertain
forget above all the knowledge
though brief, of insecurity
the proof of need
the assurrance of dependance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home